INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, May 13, 2010

You Are What You Eat!

"You are what you eat." Or as another common phrase puts it: "You are what you repeatedly do."






These well-known, but oft overlooked, sayings may hold more truth than we realize. Most folks believe that the foods they eat, particularly fruits and vegetables, are sustaining their bodies, building their immune system, and giving them all necessary nutrients. But, inevitably they aren't eating doctors' recommended 7-13 servings a day. And if you're like me, you have the best of intentions, but still wind up with bad produce at the end of the week.

Did you know that every year 97% of your body is replaced, reconstructed from the foods you eat? Thinking about it that way makes me want to put the best possible natural foods into my body to yield the best outcome! I want to be 85 and still traveling the world, hiking, kayaking, exploring and living life to the fullest! It's gonna take me at least that long to see half the places on my bucket list! And I know I'm not alone! As a population in general:

  • We do not eat enough fruits and vegetables.
  • We cannot always get seasonal, fresh produce.
  • The soil and our foods can be very nutrient deficient.
  • We do not eat the dense nutritious fruits and vegetables.  If we do, we cook them and destroy a large part of the necessary  enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. Keep in mind frozen, processed, and canned foods can be deficient, to say nothing of foods that are shipped in from distant places that are losing their nutrient value.
  • We do not eat a variety of fruits and vegetables.
  • Fruits and vegetables are necessary for everybody throughout their lifetime.  
  • The known and unknown synergistic nutrients are in whole foods - fruits and vegetables.  They are not in man made supplements.




And honestly that's why I started taking Juice Plus+ fruit and vegetable supplements. You're probably wondering how we get fruits and vegetables in a capsule.  Juice Plus+® is not dehydrated fruits and vegetables.  It is the concentrated, fresh juice powders.  If  you remove all the water from a glass of pure orange juice, what would be left is the powder, which is the concentrate, still chock full of the essential vitamins and nutrients! To me it's a win-win that I can get the benefits of whole fruits in vegetables in a convenient, affordable form that will enable me to age a little more gracefully and keep me tackling new adventures! Leave me a comment or send me an email mslape@gmail.com if you wanna hear more!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scam pyramid scheme. What's the difference between "dehydrating" and evaporating all of the water and being left with the "powder" And I'm supposed to believe that all that is left from all of those different juices is gonna fit into a little pill? Think about how much would be left if I evaporated glass of orange juice alone! Much more than a little pill. It doesn't physically make sense!

Unknown said...

Very interesting...ignore the haters. It's only a scam if you are the type of person who gets scammed. I would like to know what medical/pharmaceutical background the above poster has. I don't know about you, but I really have no idea how they synthesize valium from valerian root, or hydrocodon from poppy seeds, but they do it! They do this type of sythesis all the time in the pharmaceutical world. It is foolish to expose your ineptitude by criticizing everything you don't understand. I don't use juice plus, and may not every use it. But, I will give anything an honest evaluation, and get the facts before I go running my virtual mouth.

Unknown said...

My good friend introduced me to Juice Plus+ and it has changed my life! I feel spectacular!