INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Let's Get Ready to Ramble!

 “On the road again, Goin’ places that I’ve never been. Seein’ things that I may never see again. And I can’t wait to get on the road again.” These famed lyrics define the 8 days I spent on the Mountain Madness American Rambler tour in August. The tour, which started in Salt Lake City, took us to the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Glacier National Park in just over a week’s time.

So naturally, each day was action packed and full of fun.  I knew I was in for a wild ride when our first day involved a ramblin’ 14 mile bike ride through the majestic Grand Teton Mountains. Who knew a ride through the “Big Breasts” (French translation) could be so incredible, haha.  Apparently, the French trappers who named these glorious beauties had a thing for the female anatomy. Alas, they were nothing short of impressive! Our ride led us to Jenny Lake, the most crystal clear freshwater lake I’ve ever seen, and that’s no exaggeration! I honestly wanted to just set up camp right on it’s beaches and stay there the full eight days, but luckily our guide knew what was in store and convinced me to get back “on the road again.”



Jenny Lake

Lakes seemed to be a theme of this portion of the trip. The day following our bike ride we braved a 9-mile hike through the Lupine Valley to Surprise and Amphitheater lakes. Both of which captivated my greatest imagination and made the 3,000 ft elevation hike soooo worth it! Surprise Lake was my favorite of the two and the site we chose for a relaxing lunch in the glorious sunshine. In fact, some of my favorite photos of the trip came from this hike!
Surprise Lake

Unknown Lake

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and I don’t have time to type that many anyhow, so I’ll leave you with this final picture and the hope that you too “Just can’t wait to get on the road again!”






No comments: