INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, October 4, 2010

Some call it LUCK...


If luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity, then count me one lucky chick! Ok, ok, in this blog, I use the word "preparation" lightly in the sense that I had the proper gear and was donning my relentless spirit of adventure! Nevertheless, I had the good fortune of coming across a real deal BMX course during one of my bike rides through Colorado Springs a while back.  And upon seeing a 3 year old successfully complete the course, my competititve nature kicked in (i know, it's sad that I compete against 3 year olds, lol) and I decided to try my hand at this super intimidating sport.


As you can see, I completed the track (a few times actually, each time building confidence) and can rest in the fact that a 3-year-old won't outride me! Haha...However, some punk kid did pass me on that last section of the course and as a friend pointed out, I didn't get too much air on the jumps! But...on a more serious note, it was fun to challenge myself with a new sport. To muster up the courage to try something outside my comfort zone and risk failing! Being a perfectionists, it pains me greatly to fail, or perform sub-par, however, I'm becoming more and more ok with it as I thrust myself into new sports and hobbies such as cycling and hiking! More blogs to come on both of these!  

Ready, Set, Go!



1 comment:

5th Belle Avenue said...

Looooove it! Your such an adventure seeker. MWAH!