INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

And the winner is...

I bet you thought I was going to finish this post title with "The Steelers", however, in the Marketing World, Doritos took home the trophy! Another Super Bowl has come and gone and being an "Ad" person I feel compelled to share some highlights.





So, this is the ad that drove fans crazy...apparently, sophomoric humor still wins over the masses in America these days. This one hit wonder of a spot wasn't created by ingenious ad folks like me, nope, 2 unemployed bros in Indiana created it for the Doritos Super Bowl ad contest and struck gold. (measured in fame and $) It wasn't my fave, but we'll get to that.




This ad by Pepsico gets my "Worst Super Bowl Ad Award". It is not only ridiculous and annoying, but is totally intellectually insulting. I mean, seriously, I felt dumber having watched it.





"Circus" by Budweiser gets my "Fave Super Bowl Ad Award". It's emotional, charming, has a great soundtrack, and includes my favorite animals, horses. The storyline is clever and engaging and I can't forget the funnies part - when the fat lady falls off Daisy, hahaha...just makes me giggle :)


So...that's a wrap. Stay tuned :)

No comments: