INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Double Dip? Yes Please!

Normally, I hate the concept of "double dipping" (unless of course it's me with salsa, ketchup, hummus or guac, haha). But for this post it's ideal! Reason being...I'm going to share with you 2 fab dip recipes I got from my wonderful friend Annabelle before the Super Bowl!

1. SUPER SALSA
Ingredients:
1 jar of store bought salsa ( i prefer Pace Medium)

1 chopped red onion ( i only used half a red onion)
1 can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 sm bag of frozen corn (for reg sized bag, just use half)
fresh cilantro (about 1/2 to 1 bundle)
1 lime (squeeze out juice to taste)

Mix everything 2gether! One thing to note - leave the corn frozen. This actually helps keep the salsa chilled and ready to serve, even if it's a new jar that has been in the
pantry. You probably won't use the whole bag, consider how much salsa you are making, try it and see if it needs more! I use a lot of Cilantro because it's bueno!





See everyone...it was GONE before the Cardinals could even think about catching up!






2. Holy Guacamole
Ingredients:

7 avocados (soft)
1 small red onion (chopped)
1 small tomato (chopped)
1 fresh lime, fresh cilantro
1 tsp ground cumin
garlic powder or fresh garlic (to taste)
salt (to taste)


Remove the avocado pits and mash the avocado in a bowl (save pits for leftover guac to keep it fresh - if there is any). Add all of the ingredients above leaving the salt, garlic powder and paprika at the end. You can vary the amounts of ingredients...i just made it with 4 avocados and 1/2 onion and used a whole lime. It's really dependent on personal preferences. Enjoy...I don't call it "holy" for nothing!

1 comment:

5th Belle Avenue said...

So glad it turned out yummy! Oh and my brother in law's (Dustin) brother is a musician in LA and he and his buddies were one of the finalists for the Doritos commercial!! It was super exciting - we all voted. I honestly liked it WAY better than the one that won. ;o) Remember when I was in chicago and I was on the panel of judges for the Doritos commercials two years ago? Awww, Chicago. MISS YOU!